[docs] [issue20700] Docs sidebar scrolls strangely in 3.4 docs

David Felix report at bugs.python.org
Thu Feb 20 16:29:20 CET 2014

New submission from David Felix:

On longer documentation pages, the sidebar is scrolling out of view and in an unexpected manner when the main page is scrolled. Seems to only affect 3.4 docs, but I'm not positive.

http://docs.python.org/3.4/whatsnew/3.4.html is a good example. Using Firefox 27.0.1 I view this page and scroll down. When I scroll down in the main area (the page is moving upwards in my view) past the summary section, the left side bar/navigation begins scrolling in the opposite direction, presumably to keep up with my scrolling. Its movement is not proportional to my downward scrolling and it is quickly lost "below" the view.

components: Documentation
messages: 211729
nosy: David.Felix, docs at python
title: Docs sidebar scrolls strangely in 3.4 docs
versions: Python 3.4