[docs] [issue20199] status of module_for_loader and utils._module_to_load

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Sat Feb 22 20:35:04 CET 2014

R. David Murray added the comment:

I just committed a fix for the importlib deprecations entry, based on the deprecation notes in the docs.  There are quite a few methods deprecated in 3.4 because of modulespec, but only a few *sorts* of methods.

One possible anomaly (though it looks intentional) is that the importlib.abc.FileLoader exec_module method is deprecated, just like for the other abcs, but unlike the other abcs, there is no replacement exec_module method...instead the deprecation note directs the reader to Loader.exec_module.  I'm not familiar enough with importlib to know if that redirection would make sense to a Loader implementor.

I'm let one of the imporlib maintainers close this if they agree that I've gotten it right.