[docs] [issue20280] add "predicate" to the glossary

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jan 16 21:31:56 CET 2014

Raymond Hettinger added the comment:

-0 To me, this seems like unnecessary noise.  The more random entries we add to the glossary, the less usable it becomes.  There are many computing terms that could be added such as "recursion", "stack overflow", "buffer", "header", "packet", "basic block", "token", "sentinel", "codec", "callback", etc.  We could add all of those but it wouldn't make the glossary better; it would just make it bigger.

The current glossary strikes pretty good balance but could stand a little pruning here and there (i.e. remove the entry for "complex number" and trim the "parameter" entry back to a sentence or two).

nosy: +rhettinger