[docs] [issue14050] Tutorial, list.sort() and items comparability
report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jul 4 14:16:18 CEST 2014
Andy Maier added the comment:
Uploaded patch version py34_v2, which contains the following changes relative to 3.4:
1. The changes in the description of list.sort() from "default" in list.sort(), by adding this text:
(the arguments can be used for sort customization, see :func:`sorted` for their explanation)
2. The proposed extension of the description of list.sort() from patch version py32.
3. A statement that TypeError is raised if the ordering relationship is not established.
4. A reference where to look in order to establish ordering relationship for user-defined classes. (referencing the Basic customization section of the Language Reference).
5. A reference where the ordering relationships for built-in types are described (referencing the Comparison chapter of the Language Reference).
-> Please review.
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file35854/issue14050-list_sort-py34_v2.diff
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the docs