[docs] [issue21902] Docstring of math.acosh, asinh, and atanh
report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jul 5 06:47:54 CEST 2014
Kevin Davies added the comment:
I'm not sure what the resolution is (the patch was 'inverse', Mark said
he'd be happy to use 'area', and Raymond quoted 'arc'). I didn't know
this would be a big deal, and I'm sorry that I caused trouble. But
since one of the concerns was divergence, I thought I'd send some info
on how the tools I've used describe it -- universally as 'inverse' in
those that I found:
- Mathematica: ArcCosh[z] "gives the inverse hyperbolic cosine [...]"
- Modelica Standard Library: acosh "Inverse of cosh (area hyperbolic
- Maple: arccosh, but unknown description
- MATLAB: acosh " Inverse hyperbolic cosine"
- TI-89 calculator: cosh-1 "returns the inverse hyperbolic cosine [...]"
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the docs