[docs] [issue19608] devguide needs pictures

Ezio Melotti ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:58:36 CEST 2014

What does "some immediate intro picture at the top of front page
illustrating transformation of Python code through the toolchain to
machine execution instructions" mean exactly?
If you are talking about pictures that illustrate how a Python source
code is parsed and converted to bytecode it doesn't belong to the
front page of the devguide.  If you are talking about using
configure/make to compile python, at the top of the front page there's
already the quick start, which is a simple bullet list with useful
links.  You could turn that to an image but it won't get much easier
to understand, and you won't be able to add links to the image.

Can you link to a specific section of the devguide that you think
should be converted to an image, and suggest what things should be in
the image (and/or propose an ASCII-art version of the image you are
suggesting)?