[docs] [issue21580] PhotoImage(data=...) apparently has to be UTF-8 or Base-64 encoded

Martin v. Löwis report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jul 30 18:09:38 CEST 2014

Martin v. Löwis added the comment:

The 2.7_2 patch looks good to me. I won't rule on the backwards compatibility implications, although I agree that this is unlikely to cause a regression (it would only if somebody updated the standard library only, *and* would use data= for PhotoImage). I'm unsure whether it was possible at all so far to use data= (with whatever argument); if you could have passed a non-buffer object successfully, this would break now.