[docs] [issue22112] '_UnixSelectorEventLoop' object has no attribute 'create_task'
report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 31 11:04:33 CEST 2014
STINNER Victor added the comment:
> This has been fixed in 3.4.2, but shows up in the 3.4.1 documentation.
Well, I didn't want to change Python 3.4.1 documentation, but it looks like https://docs.python.org/3.4/ is updated after each commit into the 3.4 branch. For example, new asyncio functions added in 3.4.2 are already documented:
I changeed all examples to use create_task() instaed of async() or the Task contructor:
user: Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
date: Tue Jul 08 12:39:10 2014 +0200
files: Doc/library/asyncio-dev.rst Doc/library/asyncio-eventloop.rst Doc/library/asyncio-stream.r
Update asyncio documentation
- Document the new create_task() method
- "Hide" the Task class: point to the create_task() method for interoperability
- Rewrite the documentation of the Task class
- Document the "Pending task destroyed"
- Update output in debug mode of examples in the dev section
- Replace Task() with create_task() in examples
Maybe I should revert this change in the 3.4 branch, but mention that Python 3.4.2 and 3.5 have a new create_task() which is now the recommanded way to schedule a coroutine (to create a task object).
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the docs