[docs] [issue22112] '_UnixSelectorEventLoop' object has no attribute 'create_task'

Daniel Greenfeld report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 31 18:51:32 CEST 2014

Daniel Greenfeld added the comment:

First, if there is documentation that says, "3.4.1", doesn't it make sense that the documentation should only be for 3.4.1? Which means that this create_task documentation should be reverted in the 3.4.1 documentation to match the 3.4.1 specification.

Second and most respectfully, why is a feature being added in 3.4.2? I thought this kind of release (3.4.1 to 3.4.2) was for bug fixes and security issues, not new features. Unless create_task was in the original 3.4 specification, I argue that create_task belongs in 3.5. In it's place, a recipe of running tasks in parallel fashion per gvanrossum's suggestion of asyncio.async() could be added.