[docs] [issue21637] Add a warning section exaplaining that tempfiles are opened in binary mode

Sebastian Kreft report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jun 2 15:35:34 CEST 2014

New submission from Sebastian Kreft:

Although it is already explained that the default mode of the opened tempfiles is 'w+b' a warning/notice section should be included to make it clearer.

I think this is important as the default for the open function is to return strings and not bytes.

I just had to debug an error with traceback, as traceback.print_exc expects a file capable of handling unicode.

components: Documentation
messages: 219585
nosy: Sebastian.Kreft.Deezer, docs at python
title: Add a warning section exaplaining that tempfiles are opened in binary mode
versions: Python 3.4