[docs] [issue13437] Provide links to the source code for every module in the documentation

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Wed Mar 19 17:49:55 CET 2014

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

With rare exceptions*, my inclination is to only link .py files anyway. Those apply to all implementations that use them as is. Any Python programmer can read them and maybe learn something. The C files only apply to CPython. The possible existence of a _modname accelerator is evident in the Python file. So I suggest applying without the .c links.

*Non-module examples: yesterday on python-list, someone referenced comments in dictobject.c to explain seemingly peculiar behavior. I believe listobject.c has Tim's long comment on .sort.