[docs] Python MSI packages installation on Windows

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydocs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:45:50 CET 2014

Hi Thuan,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Truong, Thuan V (TASC)
<Thuan.Truong at tasc.com> wrote:
> FYI,
>
> I run Windows 7 64-bit.  I downloaded several versions of Python 2,7 through
> 3.3.5 MSI packages from www.python.org .  But when I clicked on the
> downloaded files, they all say “This installation package could not be
> opened.   ..”.  This the same error for all files>
>
> Any idea why?

This list is not the right place to ask usage questions like this, it
is meant for discussion of the Python documentation.  You may have
better luck asking on python-list or python-win32, both @python.org.

However, I would expect the most likely culprit to be either a
corrupted download or a local security policy of some sort.  I very
recently reinstalled all current versions of Python on a 64-bit
Windows 7 machine using the python.org installers with no issues.

Sorry I can't be of more help,
--
Zach