[docs] Ambiguity in 2.7.6 docs for multiprocessing documentation

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:02:20 CET 2014

Hello,

regarding the daemon flag in the multiprocessing manual

http://docs.python.org/2/library/multiprocessing.html#windows

The existing documentation is ambiguous as to the purpose of the daemon flag

"
daemon

The process's daemon flag, a Boolean value. This must be set before
start()<http://docs.python.org/2/library/multiprocessing.html#multiprocessing.Process.start>is
called.

The initial value is inherited from the creating process.

When a process exits, it attempts to terminate all of its daemonic child
processes."

How does the behavior of the process change when this flag is set to True?

How does the behavior of the process change when this flag is set to False?

I see no difference when setting this flag, and I'm starting to think
something is broken in the multiprocessing module- on Windows.

However, without clear documentation as to the flag's purpose an behavior
when the flag is changed, it's hard to know what to expect.

Thanks