[docs] Oops.. correction

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydocs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:56:41 CET 2014

Hi Diego,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Diego Latella <dg.latella at gmail.com> wrote:
> I should like to report a bug on the module 'configparser.py'

This is not the proper venue for reporting library bugs; this list is
meant for discussion of the Python documentation.  In the future,
please direct library bugs to the issue tracker
(http://bugs.python.org/).

> Python version: 3.4.0 run on Mac os 10.6.8
>
>     ### Error in 'str' name and 'str' function
>     def _write_section(self, fp, section_name, section_items, delimiter):
>         """Write a single section to the specified `fp'."""
>         #fp.write("[{}]\n".format(section_name))
>         str = "[{}]\n".format(section_name)
>         fp.write(str)

Looking in the Mercurial history of configparser.py
(http://hg.python.org/cpython/annotate/default/Lib/configparser.py),
it has never contained the two lines that are in error.  The commented
out line is the real line (and would be the real way to fix things if
the two bad lines did exist :).

I don't know how your copy of configparser.py came to be patched like
that, but you can get a clean copy here:
http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/v3.4.0/Lib/configparser.py

Regards,
--
Zach