[docs] codecs.encode/decode documentation inconsistency (issue 21488)

berker.peksag at gmail.com berker.peksag at gmail.com
Wed May 14 13:16:36 CEST 2014

http://bugs.python.org/review/21488/diff/11863/Doc/library/codecs.rst#newcode29

http://bugs.python.org/review/21488/diff/11863/Doc/library/codecs.rst#newcode40
> Doc/library/codecs.rst:40: encoding is ``utf-8``.
> The default *encoding* is ``'utf-8'`` and the default *error* handler
is
> ``'strict'``.

The errors argument already documented in the next paragraph:

"The default error handler is strict meaning that encoding errors raise
[...]"

https://docs.python.org/3.5/library/codecs.html#codecs.encode

Do you want me to add the "and the default *error* handler is
``'strict'``" part anyway?

Will update the patch for style changes.

Thanks for the review, Victor.

http://bugs.python.org/review/21488/