[docs] [FWD: [FWD: Bug in tutorial doc] - continued] - understanding has dawned

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydocs at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:42:19 CEST 2014

Hi John,

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM,  <john at ashworthsatellites.com> wrote:
> OK. The examples are correct. However, the documentation assumes familiarity
> with Icon. It would be helpful if the rules for the slice notation were
> explicitly stated, i.e. the second index is that of the character after the
> end of the slice. Would it be possible to add a little sentence to that
> effect?

Thanks for the report!  Sorry about the confusion caused by the
outdated tutorial, but I'm glad you figured it out for yourself.

The Python 3 tutorial has a better explanation that still applies to
Python 2, which will eventually be backported to the Python 2.7
tutorial; see http://bugs.python.org/issue14097.

Welcome to Python, I hope you enjoy using it!

Regards,
--
Zach