[docs] [issue22808] Typo in asyncio-eventloop.rst, time() link is wrong

Mark Grandi report at bugs.python.org
Thu Nov 6 22:07:10 CET 2014

New submission from Mark Grandi:

In the asyncio documentation, specifically asyncio-eventloop.rst, in the description for BaseEventLoop.call_at(), it has:

   Arrange for the *callback* to be called at the given absolute timestamp *when* (an int or float), using the same time reference as :meth:`time`.

This links to the time module's time.time() method, which is incorrect as well as confusing, as the event loop's clock is NOT the same as time.time(), and it even says so on the top of the 'delayed calls' section

According the python documentation guide, it should have a period before it to make it refer to a method that is within the same module. I however decided to change it to `BaseEventLoop.time()`, because when i  see the text 'time()', even if it links to the right method, still makes me think of time.time(), which is again confusing and generally incorrect.

Attached is a patch file, its a trivial change, but i did regenerate the docs and confirmed that it works, and clicking the link takes you to the right method in the page.

components: Documentation
files: markgrandi_asyncio-eventloop.rst.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 230764
nosy: docs at python, markgrandi
title: Typo in asyncio-eventloop.rst, time() link is wrong
type: enhancement
versions: Python 3.4
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file37141/markgrandi_asyncio-eventloop.rst.patch