[docs] [issue22882] [patch] Linux packages you need to compile Python with all dependencies

Ludovic Gasc report at bugs.python.org
Sun Nov 16 14:07:51 CET 2014

New submission from Ludovic Gasc:

Hi,

To install easily Python 3.4.2 on Linux, I use Pythonz: http://saghul.github.io/pythonz/

I've discovered that, depends on the packages already installed on Linux, I don't have the same Python each time after compilation on servers.
Some features could missing, like pip, if you don't install some packages.

I've made a pull request in Pythonz with the list of packages you need to avoid that: https://github.com/saghul/pythonz#before-installing-pythons-via-pythonz

But, for me, this packages list should be in official Python documentation directly.

I've tested this packages list on Debian (Squeeze, Wheezy, Jessie, Sid), Ubuntu (12.04, 14.04) and CentOS 6.

Thanks for the merge.

Regards.

components: Documentation
files: build_dep_python.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 231245
nosy: Ludovic.Gasc, docs at python
title: [patch] Linux packages you need to compile Python with all dependencies
type: enhancement
versions: Python 3.4, Python 3.5, Python 3.6
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file37208/build_dep_python.patch