[docs] [issue22635] subprocess.getstatusoutput changed behavior in 3.4 (maybe 3.3.4?)

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 14 23:23:52 CEST 2014

R. David Murray added the comment:

You are right, it did change in 3.3.4 (see issue 10197).  That change should not have been applied to 3.3, and obviously there was a missing test concerning the return code format.

At this point I think we are stuck with changing the documentation.  The new return code is both more convenient and more consistent with the rest of the subprocess module.  It is very unfortunate that it did not follow our normal backward compatibility rules, but we are stuck with the mistake now.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation
nosy: +docs at python, r.david.murray