[docs] [issue22711] "legacy" distutils docs better than packaging guide

Antoine Pitrou report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 24 01:32:21 CEST 2014

Antoine Pitrou added the comment:

Surely, if you think you are right, you can still wait for the discussion to happen without aggressively trying to shut it down.

Besides, you are not the docs dictator, nor the distutils maintainer. We are a community, this isn't your private territory.

> If you have concerns that the API reference docs for distutils and
> setuptools are too hard to locate from packaging.python.org

No, I'm having concerns that they are too hard to locate *from docs.python.org* (which is most people's landing point, as well). Which is why I'm opening this issue here.

resolution: rejected ->
status: closed -> open