[docs] [issue9694] argparse required arguments displayed under "optional arguments"

Oliver Smith report at bugs.python.org
Tue Sep 2 22:25:03 CEST 2014

Oliver Smith added the comment:

The term "optional arguments" is a poorly formed adjectival suffix of "option". What it's trying to say is "these are kwargs" rather than "these arguments are not compulsory".

I ran into this issue with 3.4 and was looking to file a simple change request:

In early DOS/Linux days we called these "switches". I suggest we simply change the default wording from "optional arguments" to "switches".

nosy: +Oliver.Smith
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file36528/parrot.py