[docs] Operator Precedence - Improvement

Nathaniel Marler nmarler at sawgrassconsulting.com
Tue Sep 9 23:30:55 CEST 2014

https://docs.python.org/2/reference/expressions.html#operator-precedence

1. I find it odd/confusing that the table lists operators low to high.
Wouldn't it be clearer to order the table high to low? (iow, operators with
higher precedence are higher on the table)

2. The paragraph above the table describes how "Operators in the same box
group left to right (except for...", which could be ambiguous. I believe
the "left to right" description refers to an expression, and not to the
left-to-right ordering of operators in the table. As written, it could
imply that there is some importance to the left-to-right order of how
operators are listed within the same row in the table (I don't think that
is true)

Proposed fix: "Operators in the same box group left to right *in an
expression* (except..."

Nate
--
Sawgrass Consulting, Inc.