[docs] FAQ need list mutation answers (issue 20135)

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sun Sep 28 01:14:21 CEST 2014

http://bugs.python.org/review/20135/diff/12949/Doc/faq/programming.rst
File Doc/faq/programming.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/20135/diff/12949/Doc/faq/programming.rst#newcode476
Doc/faq/programming.rst:476: object, accessing either one of them
accesses the modified value ``[10]``.
On 2014/09/28 00:38:47, ezio.melotti wrote:
> I don't like the term "access" too much, especially since it's
repeated twice.
> Maybe the second instance could be replaced with "results in"?

How about replacing the first one with "using either name accesses
the..."

I can't think of better word than access, since I already used 'refer'
in the first part of the sentence, and I want to emphasize that what you
*get* when you use the name is the object.

http://bugs.python.org/review/20135/