[docs] Issue with method subprocess.check_output(args, *, input=None, stdin=None, stderr=None, shell=False, universal_newlines=False, timeout=None)

Imtiaz.Ahmed at nomura.com Imtiaz.Ahmed at nomura.com
Wed Apr 1 17:42:57 CEST 2015

Hi

I think I have found an issue with the method:

subprocess.check_output(args, *, input=None, stdin=None, stderr=None, shell=False, universal_newlines=False, timeout=None)

I tried this method twice with slight change one is working but the other not.

1st which is working

import subprocess as sub
temp_str=["ls", "-d","/home/xyz_dev_39/xyzB3BenchDec"]

output = sub.check_output(temp_str,shell=False,stderr=sub.STDOUT,universal_newlines=False)

result is : /home/prism_dev_39/xyzB3BenchDec

2nd which is not working

import subprocess as sub

str = /home/xyz_dev_*/xyzB3Bench*
temp_str=["ls", "-d",str]

output = sub.check_output(temp_str,shell=False,stderr=sub.STDOUT,universal_newlines=False)

result is Error: No such file or Directory

When I tried above cmd(ls –d /home/prism_dev_*/xyzB3Bench* ) manually on unix machine I am getting the result as 1st which is /home/xyz_dev_39/xyzB3BenchDec

Could you please check and let me know where or what is incorrect in second approach?

Regards
Imtiaz

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential, may contain proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are strictly prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and must contact the sender immediately, delete this e-mail (and all attachments) and destroy any hard copies. Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the right to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail communications through its networks (subject to and in accordance with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail: http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm