[docs] [issue9014] Incorrect documentation of the PyObject_HEAD macro

Gregory P. Smith report at bugs.python.org
Tue Apr 14 20:24:53 CEST 2015

Gregory P. Smith added the comment:

We no longer describe the contents of PyObject in the docs so mentioning Py_TRACE_REFS does not seem worth it as that just changes Py_HEAD_EXTRA which adds the doubly linked list to PyObject (today).

Py_TRACE_REFS isn't useful for anyone to know about IMNSHO as it's a compile time define that normally comes from choosing to do a pydebug build.  (I believe we have or have at least had bugs in our code where Py_TRACE_REFS won't work if Py_DEBUG is not also defined as we never test in such a mixed non-DEBUG but with TRACE_REFS configuration)

resolution:  -> fixed
stage:  -> commit review
status: open -> closed
versions: +Python 3.4, Python 3.5