[docs] Contributing curses example programs

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 17:01:14 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Stephen Longfield
<stephen.longfield at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Docs,
>
> I was reading over https://docs.python.org/2/bugs.html, and at the bottom,
> it suggests that if we've created any interesting programs using the curses
> python library that they would be useful to contribute as examples.
>
> I've translated the basic examples from the NCURSES HOWTO (
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/index.html ) to Python 2.7
> using the curses library, as well as translating the game of life example,
> and writing some of my own code for editing bass guitar tablature. I would
> be happy to contribute these as examples, but I wasn't sure how to do so.

Hi and welcome Stephen,

The standard library documentation is located in Doc/ directory in the
main CPython repo: https://hg.python.org/cpython/

https://docs.python.org/devguide/index.html is a good starting point
for learning how to clone the main repo and send your first patch to
https://bugs.python.org/.

You can also ask more questions on the core-mentorship list: