[docs] [issue24832] Issue building viewable docs with newer sphinx (default theme -> classic)

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Mon Aug 10 15:03:55 CEST 2015

R. David Murray added the comment:

Hmm.  All I do is 'make clean; make html', but I don't see why that would make a difference to the problem on point.

I didn't know about this make venv thing...that must be newish?  When I try it, that does indeed work.  Building that way produces a 'default.css' in build/html/_static, whereas building without the venv (but with sphinx 1.3.1) does not.  I have no idea why, it doesn't really make sense that that would be the case.

Perhaps the experiment of using the installed sphinx to build the docs is a failure and we should just make using local copies the default again?