[docs] [issue20413] Errors in documentation of standard codec error handlers

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Sat Feb 7 01:01:07 CET 2015

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

Ah, February 2014, many of my plans went in rather different directions than expected that month, and this was one of them :)

As Martin noted, he already fixed (b) and (c), but we missed that the list of error handlers was also duplicated in the builtin open() docs.

That duplication is likely worthwhile from a docs usability perspective, but we should:

1. Bring it in line with Martin's recent fixes to the codecs module docs
2. Add a comment in the error handler docs noting that the open() docs may need to be updated to reflect changes to error handler semantics

assignee: ncoghlan ->