[docs] Dear Python.org

resolvent at comcast.net resolvent at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 19:28:22 CET 2015

Dear Python.org,

I'm in a bit of an overwhelmed situation right now,
so I did not know whom to ask.

So, I was direct & attached my .py program.

Why does my variable
coordinates
get destroyed along with
coord
when I remove elements from it?
It shouldn't.
Only coord should get destroyed.

A family member who is an expert programmer tells me I need to make a
deepcopy
of coordinates.

But, I see absolutely no mention of the word
deepcopy
in either your tutorial or PDF of references. I did a word/phrase search for
deepcopy
and
shallow copy.

Only passing mention was made of
shallow copy
on page 9 of your tutorial.

Please help!
Thanks,
John

P.S. I absolutely need formal structured schooling to learn any language:
human or computer. This trying to learn it on my own stuff has never worked,
because I spend days, weeks, months , years searching & searching
for the right statement.

I got As in Fortran (1981), C++ (2005) & even passed an online Java course (2012)
but I never made use of programming outside formal courses.

Dr John Michael Nahay
25 Chestnut Hill Lane
Columbus, NJ 08022-1039
resolvent at comcast.net