[docs] bug in italian translation of python tutorial (and bug tracker link not working)

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydocs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 06:35:23 CET 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Massimiliano De Ruosi
<massimiliano.deruosi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to report a bug in italian translation of "Python tutorial",
> but the link of "Python Bug Tracker" at:
> http://docs.python.it/html/tut/about.html didn't work (404 error)
>
> The bug was in http://docs.python.it/html/tut/node11.html#SECTION0011800000000000000000
>
> (9.8) "raise C()" should be: "raise c()"

Thanks for the report, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do
about it.  Firstly, docs.python.it is not related to docs.python.org,
which is the site this list is concerned with.  There are (as far as I
know) no official translations of the Python documentation
(unfortunately).  Secondly, the documentation on that site is for
Python 2.3.4, which is over 10 years old and has been out of
maintenance for several years now.  Python has moved on quite some
distance since then (the current version is 3.4.2, or 2.7.9 if you're
stuck with Python2)!  Also, the bug tracker link on the page you
linked to is no longer valid because Python's development moved from
SourceForge to self-hosted infrastructure sometime around mid-2007.
The new bug tracker is at bugs.python.org.  A more recent (though
strictly English) tutorial can be found at docs.python.org/3/tutorial.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,
--