[docs] [issue13456] Providing a custom HTTPResponse class to HTTPConnection

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jul 7 03:01:38 CEST 2015

Martin Panter added the comment:

Why do people want “response_class” to be part of the API? If so, more details about it may need to added, e.g. the following methods and attributes seem to be required: _read_status(), fp, close(), isclosed(), begin() and will_close.

The “debuglevel” attribute seems fairly redundant with the existing set_debuglevel() method.

Also, what is the point of adding the “default_port” attribute, if it cannot be modified? The only use case I can imagine is in a subclass that specifically does modify it. But I’m not sure it should be added at all.

So I am sorry, but I don’t see why any of the three additions in the patch should be made. IMO it would be better to explain that “response_class” is an internal implementation detail, or even drop it entirely from the doc string.

nosy: +vadmium