[docs] [issue24650] Error in yield expression documentation

swanson report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jul 18 02:23:15 CEST 2015

swanson added the comment:

Okay, interesting - I hadn't checked the glossary.  I don't ultimately care what it's called as long as the documentation is clear and consistent.  But for anyone just looking at the names of the classes and the class hierarchy, they'd come away saying, "A generator is a type of iterator," not "A generator is a type of function."  (Functions can't even have subtypes.)  If the docs are painting a different picture than the already existing reality, it seems like that would be confusing to anyone who doesn't already know how they work.  (If you already know how something works, you don't really need the docs, so it's easy to think they're clearer than they really are.)