[docs] Mac -- Python 2.7.10 still is not using newer OpenSSL on new installs

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Tue Jun 2 08:01:21 CEST 2015

The current shipping Mac package for Python 2.7.10 installed on a OS X 10.8.5 machine currently still is reverting back and using Apple's older OpenSSL.

I read in the readm.txt file that this problem was patched to load newer version of OpenSSL.

I've been trying to compile source and all suggestions I have been able to find on the net of how to add newer openSSL to Python 2.7/x have failed as well.

I can get Python to compile but have not been able to link that to newer OpenSSL.

I am not sure if the new install is not overwriting some older file or the new linking is not working on the OS X version.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks
-Kevin

Last login: Mon Jun  1 21:56:59 on ttys000
$ python

Python 2.7.10 (v2.7.10:15c95b7d81dc, May 23 2015, 09:33:12)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin

>>> import ssl
>>> print (ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION)
OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013