[docs] xml.etree.ElementTree.Element.text does not conform to the documentation (issue 24079)

vadmium+py at gmail.com vadmium+py at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:20:30 CEST 2015

https://bugs.python.org/review/24079/diff/14986/Doc/library/xml.etree.elementtree.rst
File Doc/library/xml.etree.elementtree.rst (right):

https://bugs.python.org/review/24079/diff/14986/Doc/library/xml.etree.elementtree.rst#newcode657
Doc/library/xml.etree.elementtree.rst:657: and the next tag.  The *tail*
attribute holds any text between the
On 2015/05/30 07:35:22, scoder wrote:
> Not strictly true, e.g. "<tag />abc<next-tag/>" - is "abc" in text or
tail here?

Tail only, being equivalent to <tag></tag>abc<next-tag/>. Hopefully this
is also illustrated by the <d/> tag in Jérôme’s example.

> Also, I think the usual wording is "opening" and "closing" tag.

Actually, I’m changing it to use “start tag”, but keeping “end tag”.
These terms are used in other parts of the page, XML specifications,
etc.

https://bugs.python.org/review/24079/