[docs] [issue24372] Documentation for ssl.wrap_socket's ssl_version parameter is odd

Christian Heimes report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jun 3 16:09:54 CEST 2015

Christian Heimes added the comment:

DISCLAIMER:

I'm currently planning and researching two SSL related PEPs. One PEP is about SSLContext.

I like to standardize a minimal interface for SSL context object, so libraries can deal with any abitrary SSL implementation. With just one small addition and an SSLContext ABC, every library could then support stdlib ssl, PyOpenSSL, GnuTLS, NSS, PyQT/PySide QSslSocket and even non-standard sockets like NSPR PRFileDesc and QTcpSocket.

My idea only works with a SSL context object. So I'm interested that people use the new feature rather then the old ssl.wrap_socket() function. :)