[docs] Documentation doesn't explain the term "coroutine" (PEP 342) (issue 24087)

vadmium+py at gmail.com vadmium+py at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 15:11:45 CEST 2015

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/diff/14757/Doc/glossary.rst
File Doc/glossary.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/diff/14757/Doc/glossary.rst#newcode150
Doc/glossary.rst:150: A generator function that works along with an
event loop or trampoline
On 2015/04/30 23:22:31, Jim.J.Jewett wrote:
> Is it a "generator function" or just a "generator", with "generator
function"
> being the thing you call to create it?  For reference, I'm looking at
> https://docs.python.org/3/reference/expressions.html#yield-expressions

New patch says coroutines may be implemented using generator functions,
which should cover all cases :)

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/diff/15085/Doc/glossary.rst
File Doc/glossary.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/diff/15085/Doc/glossary.rst#newcode177
Doc/glossary.rst:177: coroutine to yield control to other routines
without blocking.
Didn’t see the old comment about blocking when I wrote this patch.
Perhaps we should just drop the last bit:

They can be sheduled . . . to allow one coroutine to yield control to
other routines.

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/diff/15085/Doc/library/inspect.rst
File Doc/library/inspect.rst (left):

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/diff/15085/Doc/library/inspect.rst#oldcode300
Doc/library/inspect.rst:300: or :func:`asyncio.coroutine`.
Self review: Need to restore @asyncio.coroutine reference

http://bugs.python.org/review/24087/