[docs] (correction)Bug in ETree

Noonan noonanes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:55:49 CEST 2015

Sorry my last email sent prematurely, I'm not sure how. I was using a
hotkey for pasing when it accidently sent.

I'm running Python version:

3.4.2 (v3.4.2:ab2c023a9432, Oct  6 2014, 22:16:31) [MSC v.1600 64 bit
(AMD64)]

When I do a .findall or .find on an Element object of an ElementTree from
xml.etree, xpath queries (of the format './/<tagname>') aren't letting me
retrieve children that aren't direct descendants of the Element object.
Also, the documentation doesn't clearly show/when how to use XPath queries,
it just mentions that you can use them instead. A lot of python
documentation is like this and it leads to a lot of tinkering and then
frustration when it doesn't work. Stack overflow said the same solution,
but really, I think it's sad when your documentation needs stack overflow
for clarification. Documentation is by no means fast, but the depth should
be better than a quick search on Google/Bing.

This page is the one I used to read up on it. But I actually found better
depth/examples in StackOverflow or the site of the guy that I think wrote
Etree before you guys integrated it into Python.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html?highlight=xml

Thanks!

-Eric