[docs] [issue23460] Decimals do not obey ':g' exponential notation formatting rules

Mark Dickinson report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 2 09:42:44 CET 2015

Mark Dickinson added the comment:

I don't think we should close: the documentation as written explicitly says that the rules apply to both Decimal and float: "The available presentation types for floating point and decimal values are ...".  But the details listed for 'g' are incorrect.  We could either fix the description for 'g' to explain what happens for `Decimal`, or state up front that the table only applies directly to the `float` type, and that `Decimal` is similar but not identical.