[docs] Question

Angela Grima amgrima58 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:39:03 CET 2015

I have not received a response from you.  However, I think I know what the
problem is.  My laptop is XP (important in terms of programming in
mathematics and science for obvious reasons).  However, my operating system
is Professional only - no XP.  It doesn't seem to make a difference in most
situations, but it is unable to read the decimal point in as a string
variable in Python.  It reads it as a literal and therefore it is unable to
change to a floating number.  In other words, Python does not have the
ability to change the "." into an equivalent decimal point in the system
that I have.  But please note, that the underlying assumption here is that
Python is able to do so in an XP system.

Angela Grima