[docs] [issue23743] Python crashes upon exit if importing g++ compiled mod after importing gcc compiled mod

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Thu Mar 26 03:19:18 CET 2015

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

pypa.io hosts the internal dev docs for PyPA, I believe you meant packaging.python.org, and that would indeed be the right home.

However, this kind of C/C++ linker related problem is way too advanced for the current state of the binary extension docs which basically say "C/C++ is hard relative to Python, let someone else deal with creating your extension modules for you": https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/extensions.html

For the scientific stack in particular we go even further and say to get someone else to build and link the extension modules for you: https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/science.html

Folks encountering the kind of problem described in this issue is thus mostly useful as a data point in *why* we give those instructions: because DIY cross-platform C/C++ development is a teeming morass of "fun" interoperability bugs like this one just waiting to be discovered :)