[docs] [issue24243] behavior for finding an empty string is inconsistent with documentation

swanson report at bugs.python.org
Wed May 20 15:18:42 CEST 2015

swanson added the comment:

Thanks for pointing out how count and replace operate.  I don't mind the "ValueError: empty separator" on split and partition - makes sense to me.

re: "at least as long as the slice indexes are within range"
If the slices indexes had to be in range, that would be inconsistent with the behavior of slicing, which is inconsistent with the docs, which was my main point.