[docs] [issue25633] The documentation for urllib.request should mention http.client.HTTPException

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Mon Nov 16 17:17:41 EST 2015

Martin Panter added the comment:

Closely related: Issue 22797 proposes documenting some circumstances where ValueError is raised directly. Perhaps you can review and enhance the patch already there.

Also related:

Issue 13736 proposes to wrap http.client exceptions (which I disagree with), and add extra wrapping for socket.error (which I may agree with for consistency), and document existing “exception leaks”.

Issue 6471 discusses awkwardnesses of getting at the underlying exception that URLError wraps.

nosy: +martin.panter
stage:  -> needs patch