[docs] [issue25361] Is python-3-5-0.exe compiled with SSE2 instrutions? If so should we mention this?

eryksun report at bugs.python.org
Sat Oct 10 22:06:33 CEST 2015

eryksun added the comment:

Building Python 3.5 requires Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 8.1, so this would be a vanishingly small audience that's building to deploy on old 32-bit Windows 7 machines. I don't think the PSF needs to worry about this. Anyway, the "/arch (x86)" docs [1] explain how to configure a project to use IA32, and PCBuild/readme.txt [2] explains how to build Python using Visual Studio 2015. I know this doesn't really help a novice user; just tell them to install Python 3.4!

[1]: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7t5yh4fd