[docs] [issue25467] Put “deprecated” warnings first

Tony R. report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 27 09:17:21 EDT 2015

Tony R. added the comment:

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 4:28 PM, Ezio Melotti <report at bugs.python.org> wrote:
>
> This is true, but on the other hand you might want to see the [new in 3.4] while looking at 3.6 docs and working on a program that must support Python 3.3+.  Anyway we can discuss this again once we have a patch -- depending on how it is implemented, it might be easy enough to include the tag only for functions added in the last 2 releases, or perhaps the tag won't be particularly distracting and can be used for all versions.

Smart use of CSS and a sprinkle of JavaScript could solve this.

- Add all versions in the markup
- By default, use CSS to hide all except latest version
- Using JavaScript and a simple `localStorage` variable, save a preference to “lower the version threshold” if desired

I tend to prefer non-JS solutions when possible, but this would only take a few lines of code.  (And of course, one `localStorage` variable along the lines of `minimumAddedInPythonVersion = ‘3.2’`, or whatever.)

—Tony