[docs] [issue16893] Generate Idle help from Doc/library/idle.rst

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Wed Sep 23 05:19:28 CEST 2015

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

Thank you for reporting this. My general problem is that idlelib was only informally private until PEP434 and I only started adding 'private' and 'deprecated' to the code a week ago.  So I am trying to make changes in existing versions while not breaking even unlikely uses of the current API. The specific problem is the the class init method *is* used -- to create an unused instance -- on import.

  helpDialog = HelpDialog()  # singleton instance, no longer used

The patch fixes the problem by moving the deprecation to the show method, which Idle really does not now call.