[docs] [issue26638] Avoid warnings about missing CLI options when building documentation

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Thu Apr 14 19:24:15 EDT 2016

Martin Panter added the comment:

I’m not an expert on Sphinx. Maybe <http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/config.html#confval-suppress_warnings> could help with disabling these warnings. Considering there are so many false positives, it might be best to disable the warning. Though my patch does have a few genuine improvements as well.

I already used the :option:`-Wd <-W>` syntax in some cases; see Doc/library/warnings.rst for example. The problem in unittest.rst is I think Sphinx is trying to find a -W option defined within unittest.rst (with the unittest --buffer etc options), rather than the main Python options from using/cmdline.rst.