[docs] Your print statement in the tutorial is misisng parethesis

Georg Brandl georg at python.org
Sun Aug 7 02:38:24 EDT 2016

On 08/05/2016 03:37 AM, Perry Rothenbaum wrote:
> I am learning Python 3.5.   I’m following your examples in section 3 “An
> informal introduction to Python” tutorial.  The “print” statement is shown
> without parenthesis in the tutorial and in Python 3.5 it only works with
> parenthesis.   In fact, if I try to type it as you have it shown, I get an error
> and am being told to add parenthesis.  When I add parenthesis it works.

Hi Perry,

please take care which version of the tutorial you're reading: there are
separate versions for Python 2 (where "print" is a statement that doesn't
require parens) and Python 3 (where it does, as you noticed).

The links are

https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/

and

https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/