[docs] license

Donna Peters donna.jean.peters at outlook.com
Wed Aug 17 03:42:39 EDT 2016

Your licesne contradicts itself.

In term 2 you grant derivative works and distribution rights with condition of copyright notice inclusion. In fact copyright notice inclusion in the derivative work is an option.

You then in term 3 contradict the grant of term 2 by stating that the derivative work
has to use the same license (which no one caring for consistency , accuracy and quite frankly the mental well being of others or in short anyone having any consideration or care for others would do.)

2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, PSF hereby grants Licensee …

 prepare derivative works, distribute, ..

provided, however, that PSF's License Agreement and PSF's notice of

copyright, i.e., "Copyright © 2001-2016 Python Software Foundation; All Rights Reserved" are retained in Python 2.7.12 alone or in any derivative version prepared by Licensee.

3. In the event Licensee prepares a derivative work that is based on or

   incorporates Python 2.7.12 or any part thereof, and wants to make the

   derivative work available to others as provided herein, then Licensee hereby

   agrees to include in any such work a brief summary of the changes made to Python

   2.7.12.

I am looking for clarification simply because the gpl  is a dirty license in every sense of the word that only the lowest and most despicable that agree with deceit and theft of others work promote and use and I am removing it from all my systems.

I personally use BSD or MIT when I give things away. They are clear and honest. If I have expectations for return , I make that clear also and draw up licenses or agreements accordingly.

Most good people I know and from whom I now obtain software do likewise.

You can reply at spaesani at mail.com<mailto:spaesani at mail.com> (I’m using a friend’s pc for this inquiry).

PS : I authored the distributed (shared) cost license when I was 26 and hadn’t yet seen the (disgusting) gpl. No one can tell me honesty and fairness are not possible. With my license
all this “free” code would have been paid for and truly free a long long time ago without some group feigning moral superiority over others.