[docs] [issue28886] Move deprecated abc module decorators to separate section in docs

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Tue Dec 6 19:52:50 EST 2016

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

Right, these are in the "Don't use them in new code, but we have absolutely no plans to actually remove them" documentation-only category of deprecation warning.

However, I'm converting this to a documentation enhancement request, as the documentation could make that status clearer by moving them to a separate "Legacy builtin decorator subclasses" section at the end of https://docs.python.org/3/library/abc.html

Then that section can *start* with the information on simply applying the builtin decorators on top of the abc.abstractproperty() decorator, before moving on to document the available subclasses.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation -Library (Lib)
nosy: +docs at python
stage:  -> needs patch
title: Deprecated abstract base class (abc) decorators do not raise DeprecationWarning -> Move deprecated abc module decorators to separate section in docs
type: behavior -> enhancement