[docs] [issue26256] Fast decimalisation and conversion to other bases

Stefan Krah report at bugs.python.org
Wed Feb 3 05:41:36 EST 2016

Stefan Krah added the comment:

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 09:51:53AM +0000, STINNER Victor wrote:
> Well, nowhere means:
> https://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.3.html#decimal

Okay, but hardly anyone reads that, and I can't blame them. :)

For example, if I use something like Lua, I won't read a release announcement
from 2012.

> Usually, we don't document performances of a function, maybe only its complexity.

As Jurjen said, the presence of the FFT (actually fast number theoretic
transform here) in Decimal is something completely unexpected, so if there's
a place for a line or two in the docs that makes some users happy I'd be
in favor of it.